Saturday, September 4, 2010

Argh


So one of the really unfortunate things about my personality is that I am basically incapable of making binary decisions. If I ever have to pick between two similar kinds of shirts or shoes I literally stare at both of them for an hour, and then almost always end up just buying both and then hating myself for buying so much crap. Obviously I always pick a favorite in the end, and the sad, second-place piece is left to fend for itself in the back of my closet, but there is no way to predict at all which one that will be.

There are two classes that I really want to take next semester, and I have spent the last several hours (sadly not an exaggeration at all) literally just flipping back and forth from syllabus to syllabus trying to decide which one to take. They're both sexy and stimulating. They're both chock full of wonderful and improbable coincidences. They're both only being offered only once in a blue moon... And they're both on Monday and Wednesday afternoons between 2 and 3.

Of course my snooty college doesn't recognize that 100% class attendance is totally unnecessary (and if you're me, doesn't even happen more than half of the time) so I've been told a petition will probably fail. This is quite possibly one of the hardest decisions I have ever had to make. I wish I were kidding.





VS




2 comments:

Dan said...

Fermions! What is the class on the right?
Also since it's been a week, have you picked one?

Juicy said...

High Energy Astrophysics, and yes, I went with Nuclear and Particle Physics.

So nice seeing you friday!